Monday 25 October 2010

EQ2E: A bewitching seasonal event

In MMOland Halloween has started and EQ2 offers several events. You can look them up on ZAM but I'd suggest not doing so at first.

The reason is that we are presented with an instance full of mystery and suspense that is utterly delightful to play "as the designers intended". A haunted house.


I spent a very happy very old school half hour in the Haunted House running around stuck, in a manner that used to be standard in old school adventure games. My friend, with whom I was on Skype, got stuck at the same point for 4 hours. Good old-fashioned non-optimised gameplay.

Here are reviews of it from Player Versus Developer and Yeebo Fernbottom's MMO Love In.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the heck out of those missions. Did indeed feel very much like old school puzzle solving.

    ReplyDelete