Thursday 21 March 2013

Eve: Did he just.....?

See if you can spot what's wrong in this picture:


Here's a clue: this is a picture of 70 or so ships keeping at range 2000 metres from nothing.

If you look carefully at the dark cold space just in front of us you'll see a titan-shaped hole where the nice man who was supposed to be bridging us all to our destination had been moments before.

Fortunately for us this didn't turn into another Asokai as he was meant to be sending us to a safe mid-point destination from where we would proceed into hostile space. It ended up being too hot for us to get in via stargates so we decided to gather up on a certain ship, keep it at range 2000 then - he pushed the right button - we bridged into the hostiles.

I don't think I ever want to be a titan pilot.

4 comments:

  1. In my preferred EVE concept, Titan cannot form a bridge to send ships to a destination; they jump through and sustain that wh to bring ships to a destination.

    That way, the titan goes in first and has to stay to keep the bridge going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say thanks for the great blogs. I've gone back a few years and read almost every one of your blogs on Eve. I started playing one month ago and I am fully addicted. I am upset at myself for not finding this game sooner. Everyone has a different point of view, different advice, but I appreciate your take on the whole Eve Universe.

    I don't know if you take requests, but I'd love to hear about Corp life a little. I've been in a mostly PvE Corp of about 100 members for 2 weeks, and recently we've been declaring war or having war declared on us by veteran PvP Corps over and over again. Ultimately it seems like our Corp got changed into a PvP corp overnight. Our CEO and Founder just transferred control to someone who hasn't been online for at least a few months, and then he resigned.

    I'm sure there is plenty of corruption at all levels of Eve, but I'd love to hear a blog post from you about the intricate web that is Corporations.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind words.

      Yes I don't mind requests. I'll try to put up a post in the next couple of days.

      Delete