First is a guide on how to use Look At.
This is principally used by AT players to assess the opposing comp and determine how it will apply damage. This can often give crucial information to AT Fleet Commanders, for example you probably want to move in on a setup using long range weapons and move away from a comp using high damage close range weapons.
1. We will be using a third party Eve fan site called, rather charmingly, Caldari Pony Club.
2. It's slightly easier to have two screens. Possibly a PC and a phone may work. Alt-tabbing is ok if you can't set that up.
3. The time between when you first have intel on your opponents' comp and when the match starts is about 120 seconds. This is valuable time that you can use to gain small advantage if you use it well. Among other things checking their fits visually is a valuable use of this time.
4. Pick up your opponents on D scan and put the ship type you want to check into the Caldari Pony Club search with a weapon system it is bonused for.
5. In Eve Online, look At the ship you wish to check on one screen. On Caldari Pony Club look at the likely weapon types.
6: Example: Typhoon:
Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers - not there so we'll look at RLMLs instead which should be pretty similar, if a bit less chunky.
In this example it's actually a little hard to tell Cruise from Torpedos when they're not firing but if you use the Fire All Turrets anination on Caldari Pony Club you will be able to confirm definitively early in the match when they start firing.
7. Example II: Vigilant.
The hull isn't in the drop down so we'll use Thorax, which is the base hull, instead.
Blasters (we have to use small blasters as Heavy Neutron Cannons are not in the drop down.
8. Relay the information to the team. I recommend using fleet chat as the FC may need to explain tactics verbally during these critical seconds.
Summary: it's not perfect, sometimes the exact hull or weapon won't be in the list but there's enough visual information there that you should be able to be confident what class of weapons are on your opponents' ships.